Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Fleece Jacket

 I saw some beautiful fleece on sale at Joann's and thought it would be perfect for a fleece jacket.

Originally I was going to make Butterick 5773 which I made eight years ago.

Butterick 5773

Then I saw New Look 6713 and I thought this would make a nice jacket also.  It has zippered pockets.  So a little more involved.  It called for a two-toned look, but I decided to do it all in one color.

I made a muslin in medium with two inches added to the sleeves to check the fit.  I used my Bernina 930 for this.

The shoulders were huge.  Plus, this made the sleeves too long.

I made a new muslin with the medium shoulder and armscye from the vest pattern.  Then I had to use the extra-large shoulder on the sleeves to match the body pattern.

This made for a much better fit.

I decided to make the finished jacket with my Bernina 830.

I used a 28" zipper.  The pattern called for a 29", which I could not find.  But like a review on pattern review, that would be too long.

Here it is:

Thanks for stopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment