Thursday, October 20, 2022

McCall's 6087 Jacket

 I tried my luck with another jacket pattern.  This one is McCall's 6087 from 2010.  It is a unisex pattern with either patch pockets or flaps.  I decided to add welt pockets with a flap.

I used my Bernina 840 Favorit to sew the first muslin in medium.  It came out very form- fitting, so I decided to try a large.



The large definitely fit better, so I continued making a large jacket with two inches added to the sleeve length.  I used a wool I purchased from Fashion Fabrics Club. I  interfaced the fronts with a lightweight interfacing, even though the pattern didn't call for any.

I used my Kenmore 117-959 to make this.

I  made the pockets using Pam Howard's instructions on Craftsy.  I used the pocket flap and bag pattern from McCall's 7818.

Once the pockets were made, the body was sewn together.  I worked with the sleeves a little, but they finally went on without any puckers.  Then the shoulder pads were sewn in.

Here it is now at this step.  Next comes the lining.

The lining went in fine.  The only hand stitching was the hem and the sleeve cuffs.

I used my White Buttonholer with my Kenmore for the button holes.  I used my Bernina to sew on the buttons.

The instructions were very good throughout this pattern.  

Here it is finished, with a made by me outfit of pants and shirt made this year.

It is a very simple jacket that will be good for a casual outing.

Thanks for stopping.