Monday, February 21, 2022

Ten Years of Blogging

 Where does time go?  Yes, it has been ten years since I started sewing and blogging.

I want to thank my readers for their time spent with me.  

There were good projects and bad ones, but always a learning experience for me and hopefully you have picked up some tips, I know I have.

My first attempt at apparel was in my first blog, and in fact I still wear it.  A t-shirt made with a pattern and material from a thrift store.

 


My last shirt.



I started sewing with a Brother XL2600i.  It is a very good machine.


My sewing has included many vintage sewing machines.  Most of them I still have and use.  I have re-donated some back to the thrift store because they have to make me smile.  Who wants to sew with a machine with no personality?

The only machines I have ever named are Alice and Ann.  They both have lots of personality.  They are straight-stitchers.

Alice

Ann

Another machine I like is the Singer 6268 with embroidery attachment.  It does simple embroidery via plugin cartridges.



Of course, I have to mention my Berninas.  They are so smooth and quiet, with a perfect stitch.  The 707 Minimatic  is so cute, I have it pictured here.



My oldest machine is a 1906 treadle made by White.



I have many more machines, but decided just to mention a few.

A few years ago I started quilting.  I enjoyed going to class until it was cancelled due to Covid.  One quilt I did took two years.  It is my Farm Girl Vintage quilt I did in class.



A quilt top I have done now, but I am waiting for Spring to make into a quilt because I do it in the driveway.

 


Now working on shirts again.  I should have another blog soon.

Thanks for stopping.






7 comments:

  1. I just love to see other people's sewing, it is so inspirational. And I have learned a lot. Thanks to everyone who does a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great seeing ten years of blogging and quilts, shirts, and more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, not on topic, but I have bought a used Free-Westinghouse ALB, Type E, with turtle back motor that looks just like yours"Alice". Would you know the closest or best instruction manual for this machine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is for a New Home NLB, but it is the same
      .
      https://ismacs.net/newhome/new-home-sewing-machine-manuals.html

      Delete
  4. Where did 10 years got??? I've enjoyed following your sewing journey. Here's to continued handcrafted clothes and quilts. You've made the world a much more interesting and creative place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I've read every blog and am witness to your sewing progression. 10 years. Rare blog stamina. You are the man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and many, many more! I've been in hibernation but I still read and enjoy your blogging. I hope you're well; keep at it, we love all the updates and seeing your creative process at work.

    ReplyDelete