Thursday, January 27, 2022

Another Flannel Shirt and Another Singer

Time for another flannel shirt.  I decided I wanted it a little more fitted, so I used Simplicity 8427.  I made it in size 40 with two inches added to the sleeves.  I used size 40 because otherwise it is too fitted.


I found in my old blogs that I used Simplicity 2741 many times.  I like this pattern, but I substitute the tower-placket for the continuous-placket on the sleeve cuff.  Interesting thing is I used a small with two inches added to the sleeve with this pattern and it fits fine.


I used my new to me Singer 237. I bought it from Goodwill.  It was made in 1969 and is one of the last all metal machines made by Singer.  It uses a class 15 bobbin. It must not have been used in years, because it was seized-up when I got it and I needed to really lube it up.  Now it runs and sews great.  The only minus on this machine is the presser-foot doesn't lift up real high, making it difficult to sew thick fabrics or use a buttonholer.



I bought several different plaids from Joann's during the Super Friday Sale.  I decided to use a blue one which has lines in it, but not too much plaid.

I inserted lightweight interfacing in the button plackets and the pocket top.  I used heavy interfacing in the collar, collar stand, and cuffs.

I used my Greist buttonholer for the button holes.


Here it is.




Thanks for stopping.



1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I love the pattern matching at the front. I have the non-zig-zag version of this machine - and the same frustration with the low clearance - it really limits how sucessfully you can use a buttonholer.

    ReplyDelete