Friday, June 9, 2023

Butterick 6916 Shacket

 Being it is Summer, I found some wonderfully thick flannel on sale at Joann's.  I also found Butterick 6916  which is a shacket.  


I decided to make a muslin to verify sizing.  I made size medium with two inches added to the sleeve length.

The sizing looked perfect.  I did not add the cuffs, so the sleeves might look a little short.





I used my Necchi Esperia for the muslin.  This is a Necchi from 1959 that was free on Facebook Marketplace just a few miles from me.  It is a wonderful straight-stitcher in a beautiful desk.



I decided to use my Lana machine to make the shacket.  It is a very smooth straight-stitcher I bought at the thrift store.





The pattern didn't call for an inner yoke.  I added one to make the inside look a little more finished.  Since the sleeves were set-in, I decided to serge the seams with my Brother 534.


It had interesting sleeves where the cuff attached.  Instead of a placket, there is simply an opening.

 


I used my Greist buttonholer with my Lana to make the buttonholes.



I used my Bernina 840 Favorit to sew on the buttons.



Here it is:






This shacket should come in handy when the weather cools off.

Thanks for stopping.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I like your collection of machines that you chose for the project.

    ReplyDelete