Friday, June 18, 2021

Viking 190 and a Shirt

 I use my different Berninas all the time because they are smooth and have perfect thread tension.  But I have many different types and brands of sewing machines. 

One brand I like besides Bernina is Viking.  I have several Vikings, both mechanical and electronic.  The Vikings I like the most are made in the 1980s, and are made in Sweden.  I have two older ones that I like, but the 1980s seem to have a style I like the most.

This brings me to the Viking 190 I am using for this shirt.  It is a mechanical model, but it has the needle up/down feature I like so much.  It also has a four-step buttonhole.  And it is a free-arm with the tool box removed.

I did a YouTube video on it six years ago, if you are interested you can watch it here.


It is easy to tell this machine's age by what the models are wearing.



I have had this machine for several years, but I forgot how much I like it.

I used my Singer Quantumlock 5 to serge the seams.



I am using McCall's 4079 in medium for this shirt.  I made it in a long sleeve in 2012 in size small. It still fits, but I wanted a loose shirt for hot Summer days.   I am making a short sleeve now from some material bought at Joann's.

McCall's 4079



Shirt made in 2012 with this pattern


I aged a little since previous shirt.


I am sure I will wear this shirt many times.

Thanks for stopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment