Monday, October 12, 2020

A New Outfit

 On my trips to Wal-Mart I always check their fabric section for great values.  This time I found a precut of 3 yards gray denim for $8. 

Of course, Kwik Sew 3504 jeans pattern came to mind.  I have made this pattern several times in both jeans and shorts.  I make a medium and taper in at the top to make them fit.  I also add two inches to the inseam.


I am using a machine I have had for a few years, a Kenmore 148.15600.  This machine is all metal and has some fancy stitches and a built-in buttonholer. I talked about it in this Blog.



I am using a different machine for the top stitching.  My old DressMaster handles the thick thread with ease. Plus it is easier to have two machines setup, one with gray thread and one with top stitching thread. I used it to top stitch my Jean jacket.



I embroidered a design on the right back pocket with my Bernina 640.





I flat-felled the inside leg seams and serged the outer leg seams using my Singer Quantum lock serger.




Then while shopping at Joann's, I spotted an interesting pattern in the snuggle flannel section.  At $2.99 a yard, this will make a long-sleeve shirt.

I went back and forth on what pattern to use, but finally decided on Simplicity 2741.  I have made this several times before.  I make a small and add two inches to the sleeves.




I also substitute tower plackets for the continuous lap packets on the sleeves.


It also took me a while to decide what machine to use.  I picked my Singer Futura since I hadn't used it in a long time.











Thanks for stopping.

1 comment:

  1. You're on a roll! Both the shirt and jeans look great. Perfect for Fall.

    ReplyDelete