The pattern was released in 2016. I had to look around for fabric. I also asked in my quilt class (via zoom meeting) where I might find the fabric. I received a lot of good suggestions. One was Saltwaterfabrics.com .
I found the nautical fat quarters I needed for the quilt at Saltwaterfabrics. The white material was from my stash. I purchased the backing and the other material from Joann's. Half the fun of making this quilt was hunting for fabric.
My Bel Air Bantam with a 1/4" foot was the machine used for this project.
I started making the boats, and realized the measurements for the large sails were extremely accurate. 7 3/4 by 4 7/8. This made for some fussing with the ruler to get the right size. Then once the large sail is sewn, it is cut down to 7 1/4 by 4 3/8. Needless to say, I ended up with some going in the garbage.
|The first of 14 boats finished|
Here it is before quilting.
I used my Necchi to quilt it by stitching in the ditch. I used Pellon FB-96 cotton batting.
Here it is finished. It measured 60 inches by 60 inches.
This was a fun project.
Thanks for stopping.