I thought I would have to wait until Joann's had a sale, but after checking my stash, I found I had plenty of fat-quarters and enough background fabric to make the 48 inch square quilt. I still had to go to Joann's for the backing fabric.
I decided to use my featherweight for this project.
All the plants were made first.
Then the two Brachiosaurus were made.
Next the two Tyrannosaurus were sewn together.
Then came the Stegosaurus.
Finally, the Triceratops.
Then all the dinosaurs sewed together with sashing and borders to make the 48 x 48 quilt top.
Making the quilt "sandwich" out in the driveway.
I was lucky and found a dinosaur fabric for the backing.
Here it is finished. I used invisible thread to quilt it with my Bernina 640.
Thanks for stopping.