The first thing I did after buying the pattern was to look for fabric. I found some sand color faux suede on fabric.com . I found some nice lining material at Wal-Mart in the precut section, 2 yards for $3.
The hard part was finding the rib knit for the waist and cuffs at a reasonable price. I finally found some on Wawak.com . And the color matches.
I made a muslin in medium size. It actually fit nicely with no alterations. Usually I have to add to the sleeve length of any garment. I put in the zipper pockets for practice by watching this video .
The pattern calls for 7 inch pocket zippers, but these were too long, I enlarged the pocket opening 1 inch to fit. My hand barely fit in the 6 inch opening, so this worked better.
One tip: Attach zipper with double-sided tape instead of pins. This way it lays flat when sewing it on.
|Maurice modeling muslin|
Thanks for stopping.