I found a picture of what I am hoping my jacket will resemble.
While searching for this picture, I learned the button etiquette for three buttons. Starting from the top: Sometimes, Always, Never.
I had a hard time deciding on interfacing, but I finally used some fusible ultra-weft on the fronts of the jacket. A trick I learned for making a good lapel roll is to have two pieces of interfacing. One for the body and one for the lapel, so there is a slit between the two. This makes a "hinge". Also a slit in the interfacing so the dart will be flat.
|Fusible interfacing and bias binding|
Then I used a sew-in interfacing on the facings to get some experience with it. I also have a seam at the roll line here.
|Sew in interfacing and bias binding center back|
|Fronts with princess seams and pockets|
|Back and facings|
I was going to flat-fell the center back seam. But the fabric was a little thick making it bulky. So I used some turquoise bias binding on one edge and folded over the other. I used gray bias binding on the other seams to give a finished look to the inside.
This jacket has two rear vents. I watched a couple of videos to see how to make them look best. In my next update, I should have vents and some assembly finished.
This is still a learning process for me. However. a jacket should be coming to life soon.
I also machine embroidered a new kitchen towel this week.
Thanks for stopping.