Have you ever had one of those 5 minute projects that take forever? This has been one of them.
I decided to use my favorite shirt pattern, Simplicity 7330 with short sleeves and a collar stand. There was just enough material for a short sleeve. Joe doesn't get cold easily, therefore a wool-blend short-sleeve shirt should work well for him
Once I started putting the pattern together, I realized I had cut the back into two pieces. I haven't made this mistake since the first shirt I made. I seamed the back pieces together.
|Center Seam in Back. Horizontal is a wrinkle.|
The buttons were reused from an old ripped shirt. I am glad I didn't have any problems with the buttonholes, because they are impossible to repair. My Kenmore 100 stitch sewed the buttonholes. I think it did an excellent job.
Oh, I forgot to mention I sewed this shirt with my new to me Kenmore 100 Stitch. All I can say is Wow! I LIKE this machine. Of course, I used my Bernina 731 for the rolled hems, and my Pfaff 794 Serger.
|Kenmore 100, Serger, and Bernina|
One thing about learning to sew on your own, a person has to fix their mistakes without any guidance. This is called the "School of hard knocks".
The shirt turned out quite well even with my repaired goofs. Joe thinks it is a beautiful shirt. It is good for work and play.
And of Course, I used my Singer 6268 to make the label. I have a few machines that write, but I still like the font of the Singer.
Now for the coat project to begin. I am actually go to do a muslin. I have never done this before.
Thanks for stopping.