Thursday, January 30, 2014

Vogue 8842 Coat Update

I have been working on my Vogue 8842.  First thing I did was to wash the material.  I wasn't sure if I should because it is half wool and half polyester.  To my surprise, it came out of the dryer even more soft and luxurious.  There was a big ball of lint in the filter however.

I am sewing this with my Kenmore 100 stitch.

My welt pockets turned out quite well.  If you recall, I added the welt pockets, this pattern did not call for them.  Also, I made more of a regular collar.  The pattern used a single piece of material with the lining on the inside.  I didn't think I would like that.

The outer shell is almost done.  The only thing left are the cuffs.  Then  I will start on the lining.

I think I will cut the bottom band in half.  It looks too wide.  This will be easy.  It is pinned in place for the picture, because it doesn't get secured until after the lining is done.

In other news:

I purchased a Bernina 530 sewing machine.  It is a cute machine with  knee operation instead of a foot pedal.  Here it is next to my 731.

That is it for now.

Thanks for stopping.

1 comment:

  1. A real cool coat. Seeing this project being worked on daily, and the super soft fabric..its going to be a coat I want to wear