I made the back pockets with the help of a template I made by using lightweight cardboard form a 12-pack cola box. All I did is take the pattern as reference and cut the cardboard to the pattern, then 5/8" off all the way around to make it the appropriate size of the finished pocket.
I ironed the pocket material to fit the template. And voila! Matching pockets. The pattern called for buttoned flaps for the pockets. I decided to leave them off.
Once I sewed on the rear pockets, I sewed the back parts of the shorts together. Then sewed the insides of the legs of front and back together, then the outsides.
Now the shorts are looking like shorts. I still need to put on the waistband, but I tried them on to see how they are coming along.
I am quite pleased. The rear pockets and yoke seem to be the appropriate proportions.
Time for my little Bel Air Bantam and I to take a rest.
Thanks for stopping.