Tuesday, May 12, 2020

A Shacket for Joe, Part two

From my last blog, I am continuing my construction of a a shacket for Joe using Simplicity 1328.

I sewed on the two top pockets using my Wilson Rotary sewing machine.  I used a buttonholer attached to my Wilson to make the buttonholes in the flaps.

Instead of the lower patch pockets, I added welt pockets like my shacket.  I didn't keep good notes about the pockets, so I measured my shacket to see where to put them.  First I watched this Video to refresh my memory.

I cut out two 8" by 6" pieces of material and interfaced them.


Then I folded them right sides together,  making them 8" by 3" .  I sewed 5/8" from each side.

 I turned to form the welts.


With seam allowances included I measured the openings should be 4 3/4 inches from bottom edge, and 3 5/8 and 7 1/4 from sides.

Pocket openings marked
Pocket bag and welt sewed to outside

Inside when finished

Outside finished

So far it is looking good.  I had Joe try it on to see if it will be the right size.  He likes it.


Now it needs lining, collar, cuffs, button placket, and hem.

Time to start sewing.

Thanks for stopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment