Monday, May 4, 2020

A Shacket for Joe, Part one

I have a gray shacket I wear a lot.  It is made out of a cotton herringbone  I bought from Joann's.  I made it with Simplicity 1328 with some changes.   My version has welt pockets and is lined.

Simplicity 1328
My version
By checking my old blogs, I found I made this in April 2017.  So, it is interesting Joe waited until today when we were walking the dogs to say he wanted a jacket like mine.

My shacket was made in size small with two inches added to the sleeves.  I think a large will fit Joe fine.

A trip to Joann's was necessary.  Luckily their shirting was on sale.  I bought a blue herringbone that Joe approved.


Since I used Berninas making my last projects, I decided to break away and use one of my "White" sewing machines.

My Wilson Rotary comes to mind instantly.  It is a straight stitch machine made by White.

Just a little preview of my next project.

Thanks for stopping.

2 comments:

  1. This is the perfect season for a shacket. They're so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nice Blog!! Thanks for Sharing!!! Wonderful blog & good post. I really enjoyed this article, waiting for a more new post. Keep Blogging
    costume pour hommes

    ReplyDelete