Tuesday, June 26, 2018

A new machine and a new shirt.

I shop the local thrift store at least once a week.  Sometimes I find cloth or a sewing machine.  Most of the time I strike out.

I was lucky this week to find an Elna Super in very good shape and some blue cloth perfect for a shirt.

This is my first  Elna.  I am surprised how smooth and quiet it runs.  I did have to download a manual to see how the buttonhole mechanism works.   It has a few built -in stitches and also takes cams, which there was one in the machine.

Case looks like a typewriter

Nice looking free-arm machine

Open flap to access decorative stitches and cam shaft

Half of the case becomes a table
I made my "go to" shirt pattern, the simplicity 8427 which I wore to a quilt show in Reno.


Thanks for stopping.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a great machine - what a find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite Elna! I found my first Elna at Goodwill and it's the 62C, the update of that very machine. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete