Sunday, May 20, 2018

Stacked Lap-Quilt

I was inspired by a quilt that looks like the squares are stacked instead of simply sewn together.  It can be seen here.  A block is made, then cut into quarters so they can be mixed around to make the stacked look.

I recorded the cost of everything because I have been told I can donate quilts to Hospice or other charities.  I don't think my quilting skills are there yet.  But it helped me see the cost of my new hobby.

The timing was right, because Joann's had 75% off fat quarters(22" by 18" fabric piece).  I bought 20 for a price of  $12.45.

I also was lucky to find some 100% cotton for the backing at Wal-Mart for $2.50 per yard for two yards, totaling $5.

I had a bolt of batting I bought when I started quilting.  I could say this is stash, but I'll set the cost at $3.

The binding was made from fabric leftover from a previous quilt.

Adding everything up, it is roughly $21 for this 48" by 60" quilt, even with all supplies bought on sale.

I used my Singer 6268 for the project.



Finished quilt
I quilted it by stitching in the ditch.  Thus, a nice grid  pattern on back.
Back
Thanks for stopping.

3 comments: