Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Dog Days of Summer

I like the Kwik Sew 3504 jeans I made a few months ago quite a bit.  I wear them almost everyday.  Part of the liking is the soft denim material and the other part is the loose fit. I made a medium, so I wear a belt to keep them up.

I wanted to make a second pair, but only had enough material to make a pair of shorts.  Since Summer is coming I thought this was a good idea.  But these will be made in size small.

The title of the blog hints to what I am embroidering on the back pockets with my Singer Futura.  A Westie and a Poodle.  Since we have one of each, I thought  this appropriate.  Our poodle is black, but I did the embroidery in white so it would show up better.



I am using my Necchi BU to sew the shorts.  I have had this machine a few years, but have not  used it because it is so heavy.  It did a wonderful job with the denim, never whimpering a bit.


These shorts are smaller than I thought they would be. The medium size was too big, and the small is too small.  Joe thought I made a youth size.  Maybe next time I will cut between a medium and a small.




Thanks for stopping.

1 comment: