Friday, December 8, 2017

Mimi G Style by Simplicity

It is rare to find a new menswear pattern that doesn't involve pajamas.  When Joann's had $1 Simplicity patterns, I bought Simplicity 8427.  This is a dress shirt pattern by Mimi G Style.


This is a fitted shirt. It comes with two collar styles(club and pointed) and two cuff variations(barrel and french).  I made a pointed collar and barrel cuffs.  The only adjustment I did to the size 38 pattern was add two inches to the sleeves.  This is definitely a slim fit, because I normally where a size 36. I used turquoise flannel for it.

I watched the Mimi G Sew along for this shirt on Youtube to refresh some shirt sewing techniques in my mind.

I used my Bernina 1001 to sew this shirt.  I also used it for  the buttonholes since it sews both sides in the same direction, not one forward and one reverse.  In other words, it has a six step manual buttonhole.  It makes nice, balanced buttonholes.


I like this shirt, I know it is a business shirt and should look great in a plain cotton also.






Thanks for stopping.

4 comments:

  1. That's a great shirt. I am really liking the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great shirt. I need to get that pattern, too. I'm slender as well; maybe this is a good one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wil
    That’s a great looking shirt. I might be up for giving that pattern a try.
    G x

    ReplyDelete