Friday, August 18, 2017

Birthday Shirts

To celebrate some birthdays, my niece and nephew took us to Morton's steakhouse.

Both a happy and a sad occasion.   The last time we went to Morton's was in 2012.  This time the attendees were  the same, minus my father who passed away in January.
Dressed up for dinner in 2012
Dinner 2017.  Me, mom, Melissa, Chase, Joe, and Joe

For the occasion, I decided to make a dress shirt to wear.  Since we have been having 100 degree days, a short sleeve was needed.
I used the Islander 228 shirt pattern I used before,  with the shoulders adjusted to small on a medium pattern.

I made two shirts, both cotton, one baby blue and one in a pale green with stripes.  I wore the blue shirt and Joe also wore a made by me shirt to dinner.
Blue shirt

Green shirt

Joe in Simplicity 7330

I used my Singer 404 for the green shirt.

I used my Singer 6268 for the blue one.



Thanks for stopping.

1 comment: