Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Dinosaurs!

Since my nephew Chase is three and can't quite read, I feel safe blogging about his Christmas present.

Being three years old, he loves dinosaurs.  Since he loves the pillow I made for him last year, I thought another pillow would be a great gift this year.  With a dinosaur theme of course.

It is hard to believe he is only three, he is so grown up.  Here he his telling Santa he wants "dinosaur trucks" for Christmas.



I used some green material I bought at the thrift store, some batting, and a standard pillow.  First I cut nine squares 9" by 7".  I embroidered dinosaurs on eight and did applique on one.



I sewed them together with a 1/4" seam.  Then I sewed the batting to the back of the designs by stitching in the ditch through all the squares.  I also sewed a piece of fabric over the batting to seal it in.
Inside
Front

Making these pillows which are like miniature quilts is good practice for when I decide to make a full-size quilt.


The pillow can easily be removed for washing since I sewed two pieces to make the back and serged the seams so the inside would look good.
Back

I used my White sewing machine and my Janome embroidery machine for this project.

It will be fun to see Chase's face when he sees all the dinosaurs.

Thanks for stopping.



2 comments:

  1. Shhh. Don't tell, it's christmas... looks great !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I know he will love it. Embroidery machines are just so much fun to combine with sewing projects.

    ReplyDelete