Saturday, November 15, 2014

Christmas Pillow Part Two

I finished the center piece for the Christmas pillow in part one.  Now it needs the pillow part.  This is like a small quilt.  The fabric is cut into strips 2 1/2" wide.




Then two strips are stitched together good sides facing.  And pressed.

Next the strips are cut into 2 1/2" wide pieces.


Finally the pieces are sewn sided by side to create the checkerboard look.

Here the pillow front is shown finished.  I assembled the tree to the pillow face.  I also embroidered snow flakes on it.  The big flakes are white, which makes them more texture than popping out.

The red piping is sewed on.  I looked online to see all I had to do is snip the corners of the piping to make it curve..

Here is the finished pillow.   Might need a little more "shaping".
My Pillow
Not too bad when compared to the one made by San Francisco Stitch Co.  Mine actually looks homemade.  Since this was supposed to look hand, not machine made, this is probably good.

San Francisco Stitch Co.  Pillow

I have another "crafty" thing in mind.  Be sure to come back and see what it is.

Thanks for stopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment