Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Finished lightweight Denim Shorts for Joe.

The denim shorts are finished.  I decided to use flat-fell seams on this pair to give the insides a cleaner look.  The pattern doesn't call for this type of seam, but I think the extra effort was worth it.

Inside back view

Inside crotch view

Serged seam view

Pfaff serger and Alice




Finished view

Another finished view
I used my Brother machine for the buttonhole and to attach the button.

These shorts came together perfectly on size.  I made a size 42, which is a 36" waist according to the pattern.
I didn't have sizing issues as on my shorts with the same pattern. I had made a size 36 which should have been a 30" waist.  I had to take the waist in 4".

I like this pattern.  I will plan on making a pair of pants with it in the future.

Thanks for stopping.

3 comments:

  1. These shorts fit nicely through the derriere on Joe. I would have shortened them an inch or so but to each his own. A man wants what he wants and if you don't do it right, it goes into the closet and never comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shorts !!! The lightweight demin fabric is soft and comfortable. A perfect fit, including the length for going outside (being sun sensitive). The style is fancy enough to have with champagne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good. The fit seems about right, also the pant legs are wide enough to keep cool on a summer day. Your "Free-Westinghouse" machine is really unique too - I never saw a friction drive before.

    -Matt

    ReplyDelete