Saturday, April 6, 2013

Argyle Shirt Finale and New Serger

I have not been sewing as much as I would like to the last two months.  I finally had some time to finish the argyle shirt I started quite a while ago.  I think it turned out great.  I gave it french seams, and serged the armholes.  Oh, that reminds me.  I used my new to me serger on this project.  I went to the thrift store, and in the back of the store, no where near the sewing supplies was a box with a serger in it.  I looked at it and saw it was a Pfaff 794 in good shape with the owner's manual.  I plugged it in at the store and it seemed to run slow, but did run.  I purchased it for $6.50.  I took it home, oiled and cleaned it. Now it runs fast and smooth.  Turns out to be a very good serger.  Even has a light, which my overedger does not have.

I am going to retire the Simplicity 7330 shirt pattern I used for this and other recent shirt projects.   It will probably come out of retirement, I am sure.  My next project is a shirt for my Grand-Nephew Chase.  I am using the Simplicity 4760 pattern since it has boys sizes.   I'll blog about that next.




Thanks for Stopping.
                                                                     


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new-to-you serger! That's the kind of deal we all dream of. Looking forward to reading about the things you create with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shirt came out great. $6.50! Unreal. Congratulations on that score.

    ReplyDelete