Thursday, August 8, 2024

Stained Glass Iris Quilt by Ashley Hough

 Applique and paper piecing are something new to me.  This quilt has not only applique, but some paper piecing.  I purchased the Stained Glass Iris Quilt by Ashley Hough from Craftsy.  It came with video lessons and the patterns needed for the quilt pieces.



I purchased the fabric needed at Joann's for $2.99 a yard.

I had to go through my stash to get some fat quarters for the flowers and leaves.

I used my Singer 404 with a 1/4" foot to do the piecing.  It is a wonderful straight-stitch machine.


I used my Bernina 1120 to attach the applique with a satin stitch. 



I used my Bernina 640 with BSR foot to quilt around the flowers.   Then I used a regular foot to stitch in the ditch around the rest.  I used clear thread for the quilting.



Here I am working on the quilt.






Here it is finished.  It turned out to be 54 inches square, just the right size for a lap quilt.







I made this in mind to give to my Mom.  I am glad she likes it.

Thanks for stopping.

I had a question about the cord and pedal for a Necchi Logica, here are some pictures.







4 comments:

  1. Its beautiful. Whew! What a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice! I also liked your youtube video on the Singer 6268 and then I came across a Kenmore SensorSew One Hundred Sewing Machine that you have. I came across one that has a missing pedal and cord, are these hard to come by? Does Kenmore/Necci have ones that fit? Thanks, any respond is welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted a picture of the cord end and the model number on this blog. Hope this helps.

      Delete
    2. There is one on eBay right now for $29.99.

      Delete