Sunday, January 28, 2024

A New Shirt Pattern : Simplicity 9858

 It seems like I make the same shirt patterns over and over again.  So, when I spotted Simplicity 9858, I decided to give it a try.  Of course I bought it on sale for $1.99.

I made view A, but added the collar from view B. I also used a tower packet on the sleeves instead of the square one in the pattern.

I used some heavy cotton material I bought at the thrift store for 99 cents.  I made size medium with two inches added to the sleeve length.

For being a shirt that says "easy to sew", it has some more involved sewing like flat-fell seams and a separate button placket.  It also has set-in sleeves.  

I used my Bernina 640 to make it.

I serged the arm holes with my Brother 523.



Here it is:






This is a heavy duty shirt, almost a shacket.

Thanks for stopping.




No comments:

Post a Comment