Thursday, January 6, 2022

McCall's 7638 Shirt-Jacket

 After completing the muslin in my previous blog, I dove into making the real one.  I am making figure A in large with one inch added to the sleeves.

I am using my Bernina 930 to sew it using some flannel I bought while visiting Joe's mom in Juneau, AK.  The sherpa lining was ordered from Joann's.



I am glad I decided to make a large,  it fits fine with the lining.  The only thing I did different from the directions is to add interfacing to the front plackets.  Otherwise I followed the directions, even the cuff opening on the seam.  Yes, a very simple pattern.

We had some snow, this shacket was plenty warm in the 32 degree weather for the photo shoot.   It might be more of a jacket with the super-warm sherpa lining.







Time for another project.

Thanks for stopping.



No comments:

Post a Comment