Friday, February 5, 2021

Where Does Time Go?

 It has been three months since my last blog, but it seems like yesterday.  I have been sewing, but nothing blog worthy.  A shirt for Joe, a night shirt for my mom, and lots of masks.

I dislike wearing the same mask all the time, so I have made several, with and without embroidery.  Here are a few.








I have used my Simplicity SE3, my Singer Futura, and my Bernina 640 for the embroidery.





If you follow me on Instagram, you know I purchased a Necchi Supernova at the thrift store for $2.50.



I want to try a jacket again, I purchased three patterns on eBay. 





I am going to sew a Muslim of the Simplicity 9803 because it says easy to sew.  I am doing medium with two inches added to the sleeves.

That is all for now.

Thanks for stopping.



3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the embroidery on your masks! I agree that the same mask, day after day, is boring in the extreme.

    Have you tried inserting mask elastic in one long loop, to go around your neck and over the crown of your head? Takes about the same amount of elastic as ear loops, is far more comfortable and stays on your face better. Except for elastic insertion, mask construction is exactly the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never fail to amaze me when you talk about your sewing machine purchases! I've never run across such bargains in all my years of sewing! You're one lucky man!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see both you guys wear glasses, as do I. As a fellow sewist, I have been making masks since the beginning. I have tried nearly every design in an effort to get one that does not fog my glasses. The best is called a 3-D Design. It uses clever folding and stitching that produces a semirigid band across the mouth, and separate pieces that cover the nose and chin. If you put in an aluminum nose band, any moisture laden air that you exhale will not escape and fog up your glasses. If you google 3-D mask design you’ll find you tubes and blogs that will demonstrate this technique. You could even embroider along the 3” band. I like to appliqué Star Wars figures or heat and bond metal foil designs. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete