Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Meet Maurice

I have been sewing since 2011.  Some good, some bad.  But always lots of fun.

I have been wanting a sewing buddy for a long time.  Since I live in a rural area, the closest to a sewing buddy is quilting class.

Now I finally have a pseudo sewing-buddy.  He is my size, so I can model shirts on him.  This is truly convenient.  His name is Maurice.

Maurice modeling a blue shirt

Maurice decided I really need to be making a size 40 from Simplicity 8427.  My chest(and his) measures 38" , but due to the small amount of ease and the way I like shirts to hang on me this sounded like good advice.

The finished chest size of size 38 is 40.5" and size 40 is 42.5" according to the pattern .  Not a lot of ease.  My last blog I made Simplicity 2741 in size small and the finished chest is 44" .

I am using a turquoise sheet to make this shirt.  I am making it in short sleeve and I squared-off the hem since I won't be tucking -in this shirt.



Maurice helping.


Automatic buttonhole.

I used some off-white buttons.  Looks good on Maurice.

The size 40 has the looser fit I like, but still fitting my shoulders.




I sewed this with my Bernina 640.



In the pictures I am also wearing Kwik Sew 3504 shorts.   I made these with some green denim from Wal-Mart for $4.


I sewed these with my Bernina 1120.


Thanks for stopping.

3 comments: