I had some black wool in my stash I was going to use. I also had some tan material perfect for the lining. Then I looked at wool on different web pages, just to look. I ended up buying some brown wool from fashion fabrics club.com. This will go better with the lining. I also bought some plaid shirting for other projects. I purchased the toggles on Amazon.
I made a muslin for this to be safe.
This thing was huge, even though it is a medium. The shoulder seams were two inches below my shoulder.
I started adjusting it. I took one inch off each side seam. I took the front yoke pieces in one inch, and two inches off the rear yoke. This a total of four inches off.
I made another muslin. It looked a lot better.
I then added two inches to the sleeve length before starting the real coat.
I used my Necchi SuperNova Ultra to sew it.
I followed the directions until the hand sewing of the lining to the coat. I sewed it with my machine.
Here are pictures without the hood.
Besides the sizing issue, I like this pattern and instructions.
Thanks for stopping.