Friday, September 30, 2016

The Same Day

I told myself I was cutting my sewing machine collection.  No more buying sewing machines, except for Berninas.

I found a White 793 on Shopgoodwill.com.  These always sell for too much and/or cost too much shipping when found online.

I saw the $9.98 starting price and  it was in Sacramento.  Timing couldn't be better.  I was going to Sacramento this week, so if I won the machine I could pick it up.

To my surprise I was the only one to bid on it.  I paid the $9.98 and $5.00 handling.  Still a bargain.

It was in a bad part of town, so I went to the Goodwill, told my name, and the clerk rolled my machine out in a cart.  I quickly put it in my car and came home.

I opened it up today to try it.  I can't believe the warranty card has 9/30/72 as the purchase date.  Forty-four years from first owner to me.


White 793

A beautiful stitch.  I can't wait to try it out on my next project.

Thanks for stopping.



5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful machine! I love Whites. Looks to be in perfect condition. At that price, who could resist?

    That's just how the universe works: commit to culling the herd and it places a beauty like this within your reach. Really tests our resolve, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whites of that era are really nice. Not to compare to a Bernina for stitch quality, but still very nice.

    ReplyDelete