Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Burda 128 Jacket Debut

Burda 128 has been hanging in my sewing room for a whole month just waiting for its debut.  I finally decided to show it so I can call it finished and get on to a different project  I am not completely satisfied with it, but feel I am getting closer to something I would wear in public.

It was sewed with my Kenmore "95".  I really enjoyed sewing with this straight-stitch machine.  The buttonhole attachment did not have the correct size buttonhole, so I sewed them with my Brother SE270D .

Kenmore 117.959

Brother SE270D

I started with this Burda pattern because it was unlined and I thought it would be great for my trip to Mexico a few months ago.  It didn't make the trip.  This is my second try at this pattern.  I think with different interfacings, the third one would definitely be very good.  But I am burned out on this, and decided to try a different pattern for my next project.

Now that I know more about interfacings, shoulder pads, sleeve heads, mitered sleeves, and so many other things that it takes to make a jacket, I am glad I worked on this project.

My next jacket is going to be quite different from this style.

It should be interesting!

Thanks for stopping.


  1. So much for us all to learn when it comes to tailoring. What's inside is almost more important than what's outside!

    1. Yes, I didn't know how important interfacing is until I started this project.