Saturday, June 27, 2015

Elastic Dress Pants?

I finished my McCall's 8971 pants rather quickly due to the fact they have an elastic waistband and simple front pockets.  The rear pocket is a welt type with a flap.  I liked this for the practice.  I haven't made many of these.

I might make this pattern again with fleece for lounge pants.  But I am not sure I would make pants to wear in public with this pattern.  Don't get me wrong.  They are comfortable and feel good. In fact, in this 100 degree heat, I wore them to the store and was cool and comfortable.   However, a zipper and a button along with some belt loops makes a pair of slacks in my mind.

The shirt is tucked in to show the detail.  Otherwise, I wear the shirt untucked.





Rear pocket
Rear pocket flap




So, no elastic dress pants for me.  Time for another project.

Thanks for stopping.




4 comments:

  1. This reminds me of my experience with a McCall's cargo pant pattern. It was horrible!
    http://mainelydadswintercoat.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-man-who-said-he-never-wear-cargo.html
    What goes through their minds? Is the back pocket part of the design, or just a feature you added?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pocket was part of the pattern. Yes, interesting a more advanced rear pocket on pajama pants.

      Delete
  2. I'd gladly send you a copy of Roberto Cabrera's instructions on making a back pocket. It's not difficult, in fact it's kind of fun, and I'm sure you'd be much happier with the result. Just email me. Duane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the good pocket tutorial.

    ReplyDelete