Saturday, October 11, 2014

Groovy 70s Shirt

This was supposed to be a pajama top, but after I began making it, I decided that indeed it would make a great shirt.  I used Simplicity 6436 from 1974.  It is interesting it is shown as a uni-sex pattern.  I think the belt would be a little over the top for me.  So, no belt.



I added two inches to the sleeves and body length.  Otherwise, besides the decorative stitching with my White 571, I followed the pattern instructions.  I serged the seams.   If I made this again, I would probably use flat-fell or french seams.  A quick project called for quick methods of assembly.  After all, this was supposed to be a pajama top.

White 571

Decorative Stitch Selections

Groovy!



Max likes my collar

I am glad I have a huge quantity of this fabric.   It is comfy and looks great.  This was a great thrift store find.

Now I am not sure if I will go back to pajama tops.  The crafting urge is hitting me.  Some appliqué, some embroidery, or whatever hits me.


Thanks for stopping.




4 comments:

  1. 1970's throwback, this collar looks like it could take on a life of its own! Fabulous topstitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The old machines are great for decorative stitches. The collar is what made me like this so much. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I ordered this pattern off the internet a while back ago. I liked the casual style of it but the illustrations on the pattern envelope just didn't strike me as something I wanted to make right away. Now seeing what you've done with it It makes me want to give it a try. I like the top stitching. : )

    ReplyDelete