Friday, May 31, 2013

Mod Shorts

My next project is going to be a pair of shorts made with some fabric from the thrift store. Of course I am going to use my little Bel Air Bantam.  These are going to be "Sort of Mod".

 Mod can be defined as:
An unconventionally modern style of fashionable dress originating in England in the 1960s.
Online Urban Dictionary
       
        One who wears modern clothes
        Webster's Dictionary

I was inspired by the fabric, and of course the Brady Bunch.  

 
I wonder where I can find a suede vest and groovy sunglasses to go with my shorts?

Simplicity and Butterick made some Mod patterns.

Simplicity 9736
 
Not Mod, but I like the striped shorts.

An 80s Version of Mod?

I looked for a sewing pattern for shorts.  Since I didn't find one I liked, I am going to use a pants pattern, just with shorter legs.  Simplicity 1948 fits the order.  

Simplicity 1948
The gentleman with the tie is wearing the version I am going to make.

Do you think my new shorts will look Mod with this fabric?

Time to start cutting.

Thanks for Stopping.

2 comments:

  1. Like the idea of using a new vintage machine with each project. I am still wanting a turquoise cotton sheet and a matching singer machine after your shirt project of late. I consoled myself by reading the instruction sheet from the pattern you used that arrived today. I am presently unable to sew due to a remodel project that is non ending so I'll just blog sew for the next month. I like the stripe for the shorts-should be nice for summer wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the story of a lovely lady
    Who was bringing up three very lovely girls.
    All of them had hair of gold, like their mother,
    The youngest one in curls.

    Here's the store, of a man named Brady,
    Who was busy with three boys of his own,
    They were four men, living all together,
    Yet they were all alone.

    Till the one day when the lady met this fellow
    And they knew it was much more than a hunch,
    That this group would somehow form a family.
    That's the way we all became the Brady Bunch.
    The Brady Bunch,

    That's the way we all became the Brady Bunch.
    The Brady Bunch.

    ReplyDelete