Tuesday, January 17, 2017

More Plaid in my Future

I have been working with my new sewing machine and the Simplicity 1544 plaid shirt.  As I blogged about last time, I was not happy with the way the shirt was looking.

Actually, the shirt turned out OK, except for the collar.  I think the collar is too small.   I was originally making this shirt for Joe, but I didn't feel it was nice enough, so I have been wearing it around the house.  It is soft and comfortable and fits me perfectly even though it is a size 40 with no adjustments.


My new Singer Future CE 150 did a great job on the buttonholes. I used the default settings, which is rare with an automatic buttonhole.  Usually at least the stitch length has to be adjusted.


I purchased this machine because it was a great price and I wanted to try it since I didn't have a Singer embroidery  machine.

The embroidery by this machine is beautiful.  I think it is better than my Janome and my Brother.

However, I wouldn't recommend this machine because it needs a computer operating Windows 7 with 32 bit processor.  Most machines the last few years have Windows 10 with a 64 bit processor.  I suppose Singer was liquidating these machines because they were outdated.

I decided to try a different patterrn using McCall 6932.  I had just enough material to make a short sleeve shirt.


I like the 6932.  It is casual with a notched collar.

I am now on a plaid kick.  Another plaid shirt is being made with Simplicity 2741.

Thanks for stopping.





No comments:

Post a Comment